Friday, August 5, 2016

The Hidden

Many people see angels in the course of their lives.  Some unique individuals see them even from a very early age.  I often contemplate in the bible where in 2 Kings (MEV):

15 When a servant of the man of God rose early in the morning and went out, a force surrounded the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said to him, “Alas, my master! What will we do?”
16 And he said, “Do not be afraid, for there are more with us than with them.”
17 Then Elisha prayed, “Lord, open his eyes and let him see.” So the Lord opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw that the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire surrounding Elisha.

 What we see and don't see around us.  This was not only showing angels but it was saying it was full of horse and chariots.  Another scripture Heb 12:1  Therefore, since we are encompassed with such a great cloud of witnesses..

Stop and think a moment.

We all, or maybe its just me, seem to picture the angels as helping us,fighting for us, giving us messages, or even just watching us.  We are constantly surrounded by Heavenly Hosts not only for those things list above and more but we should consider soberly they are also witnesses to all we do both good and bad.

I have a hard time myself picturing there is an angel by me all the time.  I think this is more common than most believe.  We, as carnal beings, have a hard time understanding the enormity of events which transpire all around us unaware.  It was Amy Grant's song, "Angel's Watching Over Me", that I find so inspiring.  How many things might have occurred if just one thing went different."A reckless car ran out of gas before it ran my way.  Near misses all around me, accidents unknown..."

Keep in mind we may not see them, but they must certainly see us.

God Bless.




No comments:

Post a Comment